2.04.2017

Love poem.

In trying to understand the world I’ve only begun to understand it less.
There are no final answers, even death has no explanation.
I can promise only one thing, that my heart will outlive my mind.
That I will never cease to love.

In my short life I’ve come to accept that very few people think how I do,
Or at least realize so. As I sit and watch the sun reflect across the snow,
Somewhere else the moon is keeping watch over her landscapes.
Nothing stops.

Some people need meaning to survive, creating for themselves a purpose for which they can live.
Isn’t life itself purpose enough?
I cannot move without knowing, even if the only knowing it takes is the way a song moves my soul for a brief minute. Removing yourself is less dangerous, and more courageous.

I want a man who is courageous. Not that he faces the lion to its death.
But that he loves. And that he does what he does regardless of fear. Fear is always here.
Perhaps I wish to learn to be like that but do not know how.
Perhaps I feel I am too much of a wide-eyed loon. But I will ask regardless.

What of love? Is it not the hardest task we are faced with?
We are called to risk our lives for our own survival.
Some take to it naturally. What else do we have?
It’s the not having someone to love that escapes me. 

Soon I will go back to work. Soon I will concern myself with the mundane.
Before the day’s end I will have thought of love and death, sex and loss, and many irrelevant events countless times. I am but human. I am but alive.

I am tired of saying goodbye. My heart aches for the earth to stop spinning until I am ready.

No comments: