1.26.2017

Breeze

I feel my eyes squint through the grey rain,
Floating across my flush cheeks so distant from the sun and
Missing more than the clouds can keep in.

I wonder how time moves so fast and yet other things never arrive.
I wonder how the sun feels, and what she misses most when she’s gone.

And you there, blue-eyed and fleeting.
I feel your arms pull beneath my tired heart,
Lonely and full and wandering,
Asking of me and yet wishing I wouldn’t.

I could join you, if you asked.
I could awake and join hands with the blistering sun,
And watch as you warm my skin and blind my eyes.

And yet, we move in circles together. Wanting and wondering.
Wandering and wanting and quickly opening space and hoping
In some way it doesn’t open all the way.

My eyes squint as we lay in bed.
Your sweet voice trails off into the night and I wonder –
Where will you take me.
And what is it you miss most. 

No comments: