6.15.2016

Mid-week

It's been a hot minute. I uh, I'm not sure what I'm writing but felt I should so here I am. It's the middle of June and one of my favorite times of the year. The summer's beginning but we're already in it, too. July will be here in a blink. I'm leaving for Arizona and Colorado next week and I'm not prepared (am I ever?). I'm looking forward to going, to being elsewhere. I feel like I could use a minute or two to regroup. Honestly, I feel like I could use a minute or two to just escape. Get outside my head. Not be in all the things I'm in. I also want to look at some of the things I set out to do this year and see where I am. Though I don't have to look to know a few are not a focus.

I hate the feeling of loss. It doesn't go away, though. There's always something behind you. It's hard to feel that, but reassuring in a way. Or at least a reminder of the movements of life. 6/7 of my closest girlfriends are in serious relationships (or married) and several of them still mention to me they are scared it could all fall apart. You can't let that fear be a living thing, but it's fair to feel that way. Such a funny thing, the courage to put ourselves on the line, to expose and trust for, gosh, for a hope. hmm. I need some pick me ups.

No comments: