4.01.2016

Blueberries

You know what's really awesome. When you tell someone you like something, and because they want to make you happy, they take note and continue to do it. It's like, really great. It's really one of the best things. Boys can be so sweet. I'd like one for my own.

Really thank god it's Friday.

The last 2 years I have said felt very transitional. It felt like I had left something, and had been in sort of this lull, starting a bit from scratch, and moving toward something else. And though I think everything is transitional all the time, my time in Cleveland had been mostly just that time between leaving New York and doing something else. It tends to feel like that when you leave everything and start again. I think about the ways I've grown, personally and professionally, and this time has been so valuable. And lately it seems like things have been changing for other people - friends moving overseas or across the country, quitting their jobs and starting school, getting married. I've done none of these things. But I think I've learned a little more about myself. I've learned what it means to be mindful, I've learned to listen to my feelings and be aware of my thoughts and actions. I've learned what stresses me and how I push myself too hard sometimes. I've learned that I can be loved, even if it isn't called that. And I feel good about all those things. But I also don't want to get stuck. I want to think about today and now so that I can be content, and I want to think about the future so that I can be fulfilled with meaningful things I see for my life. When one is out of balance, I'm starting to understand how I can feel that. I want to go on a new adventure, whether that's moving or learning a new skill or putting my heart on the line (wait, I already do that...). I don't want to work too hard that I think too much about succeeding and not enough about fulfilling the parts of me where I find meaning. Because succeeding feels good, too, but it's not everything.


No comments: