5.04.2017

Chants

I went to a unique yoga class two days ago. I started out feeling open, moved to annoyed, and left moved.

She began class with some breathing exercises that strangely took away from my focus. I'm not sure at this point if I was closed off, or if truly it was not for me. Regardless, we moved on to flow. When we began, she spoke of courage. She spoke of everyone's courage showing up in their lives in different ways. Whether that is by saying no to the pressures or expectations - or saying a giant YES to that which you fearfully want. She spoke of this courage coming to life through physical strength, emotional strength, solitude, or some other means.

Needless to say, I teared up a bit. Courage has always been a near and dear concept to me. When going through my values about a year ago with my professional development coach, I kept coming back to courage. Even when I didn't know why. It just resonates with me. I want it, I believe in it, I place importance on it.

Where do I have courage today? I've learned to say no. I've learned to rest and be loving and caring with myself and where I am. Not all the time - maybe not even most of the time. But I have a general awareness around it. Where do I feel I want courage in my life? Taking risks, perhaps. Making mistakes. This balance is difficult for me to find. I want so many things sometimes.

Today is terribly dull. It's dull outside and it's dull inside. I want only to rest today, to escape a bit. To shrink in and sleep. I feel drained but I'm not sure from what.

No comments: