9.02.2015

If it is yours, then go get it

If it is yours, then go get it.
Get it while you still can,
While you are sane enough to remember
Why it is so important to begin with.

We have lost too many days
Chasing the wrong things.
We have burned the inspiration
On all the wrong things.

Today is the day to make things right.
Today is what we have left.
Today everything can be yours.

R.M. Drake

-----

Word.

I am lucky enough this morning to get to start my day off at home, looking out of my open window at the bright blue skies. When I stopped at rite aid this morning, a gentleman asked me for $5 so he could get a $5 pizza (at 8:45am). I gave him a bunch of change I had because it's hard for me to say no. I'm just like that. And I like other peoples' dogs too much. And I'm a little quirky - sometimes I say things that don't make sense because my head is a mess. That's just who I am.

What wrong things have I chased? Letting go is hard, especially deciphering between that and pulling away.

No comments: