9.28.2015

Friends

Helen has been such a blessing in my life. It's so great to have someone a bit older and wiser to talk to about things. Perhaps this should be your parents, but sometimes they look at things with bias or certain judgments because they have an idea of who you are already. And with the loss of my grandparents the past few years, Helen has been my new grandma a bit. I even remember when she first started working here, I thought she reminded me of my grandma. It's great to have her in my life.

I'm coming off a very busy September, and as things begin to slow down and cool off in the atmosphere, the same is happening in my life. It seems to happen every year. I'm coming off a couple great losses and gosh moving on really never gets easier. It's always fresh, it's always transitional. It's always raw. And I feel all of those things right now.

I'm also coming into the realization that I am loved more than I thought. Or maybe it's just that I have felt that love especially this past month and it has been quite meaningful.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I was feeling unhappy about some of the things I have been working on. I know that it's because these items make me feel uncomfortable, and that is because I don't quite know how to do them yet. It's hard to stand in front of something you don't want to do because it's uncomfortable and force yourself to feel exposed and unsure for the purpose of learning. But alas, that is the kind of person I want to be. So I should probably stop procrastinating and do it.

Some days are a real struggle to find myself through all the things that are happening. That's why friends are so, so good.

No comments: