2.25.2013

Today at work I had the first part of my 2013 goals and professional development meeting. It was decided that one of my new initiatives this year will be charity and setting up and developing that program within our company. I'm pretty excited about it. It was even suggested that I could change my title if I wanted to. I've spent a lot of time exploring and learning what I like and want in my personal life, but never so much in my professional. It's a strange feeling to have the freedom to choose my path in that regard. Although you always do have that freedom, I suppose, the endless options are daunting. This, by having some boundaries, is a good first step to learn.

I'm just bummed out the place I like working at is in Cleveland. I don't hate it here, there are just so many other places to learn from. But, and I think I have been doing this an adequate amount, I do want to invest in where I am at the moment. It's just difficult when people you love are elsewhere. Same story, different day.

No comments: