1.07.2013

Paris

"When it's natural, when you don't have a lot of questions, when you're not insecure or analyzing too much, that's when it's good," he told me. "You just meet someone, and when things between you are natural, then you choose that person. And get married."

I told him that his story was very nice, but that I wish things were that easy in New York.

"What do you mean? It's the most natural thing in the world. You see someone at the boulangerie, you smile at each other, the next day you see each other again, you meet, if things are easy between you, it goes from there ..." (I realize I'm making him sound like Maurice Chevalier here, but that's really what he said.)

I told him that it was just different in New York. I don't really know why, but it is. It's a big city and people have baggage and agendas and exes and oats to sow and quirks and separate social circles and careers and different priorities. No one just meets in boulangeries and falls in love.

"Ah," he said. "Then move to Paris."


 Ha! 8 months and we'll see what the fuss is about.

No comments: