1.03.2013

Indecision has frozen me in my path in the past, and I've spent plenty of time in my youth judging my decision making based on others' expectations. Haven't many people? While I've moved rather swiftly past this (thankfully!) I distinctly remember this one evening I think in my junior year of college dwelling on the definition of regret. Have you ever had that sense that you need to do something, that restlessness before an unknown? Because it's in our nature, or mine at least, to act, to move, to be engaged with and within life. Because there is so much opportunity (without speaking about our political or economical state..) and choice yet there are constant baseline shifts after experiences, that renew a weary, restless soul and direct you.

I told myself that night as a 20 year old that I cannot regret something that I wanted to do, just because I did not get the outcome I wanted. Disappointment abounds, unfortunately, but in order to stay positive and keep exploring, keep moving forward, and keep learning, I cannot regret. I must tell myself, what if after these actions I took, I got this positive, wonderful response or next step that I had hoped for. I would never change my decision to act in that way, in that situation. So why should I now?

Sometimes, though, I just end up feeling like a crazy person when I forget to think.

No comments: