8.31.2016

Turtley enough for the turtle club

So I’m sitting at my desk getting into it, listening to my usual Discover Weekly. Feelin good for a Wednesday, having the coffee and hittin it hard and whatnot at a mere 8:45am. Then I hear “havin an oil change” in my ear. And my work-mind jerks to a stop and a visual comes to mind of Adam next to me in the car, singing havin an oil change – what the song sounds like even though those aren’t the words. It startled me! I didn’t know the song, and hadn’t heard it since then. I wasn’t really trying to be thinking about him.

And yesterday – I was doing some research in preparation for a meeting this morning. We always check for networking / connections, which led me to a connection between this prospect and the company he works at (which is a small place). It’s just, startling, when you are not thinking about it at all and then it pops up out of left field. It’s a discomfort I’d rather not experience. I wish he would go away.

No comments: