8.01.2016

Monday!

It's Monday! It's also August 1. I felt very unready for today when I woke up. The leadership team is offsite for 2 days, which means my Monday meetings were all cancelled and I feel I have some space to breathe (i.e. not working super hard every moment). I feel bad about it - I could be using this time to organize. And I am, but in a more personal way...

So now I'm feeling a bit better about today. A non-chaotic Monday is nice. I'm also starting a 30-day healthy eating thing, for the month of August. I plan to at the very least feel physically great for my 30th. I'm also starting a new way to budget and track bills. That'll be interesting to see if it sticks, perhaps I shall just choose to make it stick.

Outside of that, just a regular day. What shall I do this month to make my summer as I'd like it? I've had a lot of patio time, I've done the boat thing, I've traveled and hiked, and gone to Indians games. I even did beer pong on July 4 and watched a storm roll in off the lake at night while perched on the rocks. But there is still time left! I'd like to take a long bike ride, there's beach day with the family, and camp fires. Camp fires would be nice. I'm not sure what else. In retrospect, my summer sounds really nice.

And because I, too, am a typical 29 year old girl, I've made a list of things I'd like to do in the next ~month before turning 30:

  • 30 days healthy eating
  • Create a budge that works
  • Ride 25 miles
  • Finish that book
  • Climb outdoors
  • Clean out my closet
  • Visit somewhere new
  • Blog or journal every day
  • Floss every day
  • Decide about school
  • 10,000 steps 3x/wk

No comments: