11.04.2015

Analysis Paralysis

I read something interesting last night, I can't quite remember the wording, but it essentially was a young woman in constant conflict with herself over a career choice because her interests always seem to be in low-paying fields. I'm sure a lot of people have this internal conflict: well paying job vs. happy in a job. For those of us with analysis paralysis, it can be never-ending. The blogger stated - my boyfriend finally just told me one day, "you can't choose, because  you won't let go of one of those. You never will be able to choose until you do." How right! How simple... how embarrassing that I could not think of this myself. But for an optimistic idealist, we always think we can make something happen if we want it hard enough. And maybe we can, maybe I can (sense the optimism there, it almost never goes away) - but I have to start somewhere. And I have to prioritize if I am ever going to get outside of my own head and into the real world. It seems I have to let go of the comfort of security if I want to go full throttle toward a career I may actually truly be interested in, instead of trying to find the perfect fit from day 1 that has everything that I want. Man, awareness is really cool. (PS, I still hope that I can have it all.)

No comments: