1.26.2015

(31) Forty Seven


When I think of you it’s like five hundred rolling hills
With lengthy green floors.
Cascading beyond view –
I want to always be there.
 
The tall grass sways patiently and with ease
Across the sides of me.
And I could never move.
 
Where are you?
Will you join me?
I am at peace in the swell.
 
I can’t get my hands on you – or around you –
Are you cursory? Are you absolute?
I close my eyes for something palpable.
Only I am aware.
 
Oh how I think of you in the mornings.
New and resolute,
She meets me regardless of what the world says.
I am too young and too old.
 
If I had my way I’d call for you to hold me now and always.
Is that too much? Am I too much?
Before the morning I must collect myself.
 
You are beyond me.
You are pastures of golden air and the sun is my eyes.
I am never tired of running.

No comments: