8.20.2013

Canopy Glow

I listened to Canopy Glow the first time in a very long time. I remember listening to the album on long drives to NYC with Ashanti. I always looked for ways to make those trips happen.

Summer has been long in that we haven't had days on end of horrific heat, but instead day after day of 70-85 degrees with sunshine (and periodic rain). Some say its rained a lot this summer but I feel it's been nice, overall. I've taken to eating ice cream almost daily and fear I should stop soon.

I'm leaving for Paris in less than 3 weeks and am utterly unprepared but at least owning up to the fact that I haven't any idea what I'm doing and hoping ill figure it out along the way. I've no plans for my 27th birthday celebrations except to sip cocktails. I'll be in Paris for my actual birthday and will likely do the same thing, but in French. I'm nervous ill get there and feel lonely as lonely can be. Still looking forward to it.

I've felt incredibly reflective the last week or so. It's been quiet and I'm feeling I don't want to get too in my head but I don't understand where things are going. Elusive. The answer eludes me.

I think I need a big fucking scary roller coaster scream. Otherwise, all is well.

No comments: