7.07.2013

Summer

July 4th is my absolute favorite holiday.

I got to the woods over an hour before everyone else so I picked up a basketball and shot some hoops with this group of girls and a boy who was slightly strange. Frustratingly enough, even that made my arm hurt. I really do need to take a break. Anyway, my phone read no service about 15-20 miles outside the camp so I pretty much just packed away my phone. It was interesting to not even think about it. (although one trip to the grocery store in town and I immediately called Ashanti.) I was frustrated a little when my companions spent so much time and money at the grocery store and drinking booze and I just wanted to explore the outdoors, pretty much right away and 24/7. It was still great to be away. This morning I knew I could easily not go back to my life but I knew what I wanted to take with me. But I love coming home to my apartment (except for Luna...) and my little life. It was weird and even a little sad being a 5th wheel at some moments. I noticed things like Alex watching out for Anastasia like picking up things she forgot and Dan looking after Sam like taking care of her dog or advocating for what each other wanted to do. But I was just me looking out for me on my own. It was something I hadn't experienced. I couldn't leave it, we were in a tiny cabin together. But I can't complain. It was beautiful and I swam in in awesome river under a mountain and hiked a small mountain (giant hill?) and played and ate ice cream constantly and was surrounded by beauty. I felt calm. I felt alone. Or maybe lonely, but only a little.
 
In other news, my very first strawberry is turning red! I'm almost doing it!
 
 

 

No comments: