9.28.2011

"This sudden rush - it’s like, an immense forest of tall, thin trees, effervescent. Beauty and freedom and a fresh dew pine floor extending into the future. Spacious spaces planted with intermittent obstacles, pure and natural impediments, tall, thin, and reaching towards the unknown. Newness. There’s an imminent sunrise to my front, and a raging rivulet to my back, draping the course of exit. I’m feeling slant towards an emergent sense of loss of my bearings which I receive half with defiance, half with confused contentment, or pleasure even. I, myself, am okay with this journey. I, myself, extend an invitation to the wildness of life. The unknown of newness. This rush - almost as quick as the catch of your tempting eyes, so sudden I’ve lost time to think, to respond with anything other than immediate impulse - this rush emerges as an essential, ever forbearing constant, ambition, and whimsical fancy I’ve no means to establish myself, on my own terms. Only within this landscape, only within this open air formed from the purities of life, simple and supple, a natural abundance begins to overflow.

Forward through the wilderness the slants grow steep and slippery. The uncertainty, bewilderment if you will, of any lack of familiar landscape bears heavily on a deeply and long treading soul. The sudden rush recedes with the seasons of a tempered heart, into a less lush tropic of treacherous creatures of the wild. I find myself once bedazzled, once lit by brazen pits of beginnings. Captivated by crossing the countryside. Now, merely tired. Merely weary, burnt, and broken. From all that forbearing, and all those constants, and all these tall, thin, emasculating trees reaching, rather roaring, into some distant, abstract, inaccessible sky, some blue heavens, some never-ending mystery. Some never-ending mystery. Mystery! A secret Mother Nature twists into those blue heavens, those beautiful blue-green seas and heavens. A wonderment! A bewilderment of awe that breaches through the tall, thin trees, splits open self consciousness and pride and sits before you. Daily. If you allow it. If you allow him to run amuck, a frenzied fashion of mystery. Frustration and mystery. Newness and uncertainty within the imminent sunrise, standing plainly to your front. Daily. If you allow it."

"i’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled christmas tree lights."

"sometimes you just need to take a nap, and get over it."

No comments: